- Schedule of Classes - June 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Balancing the needs of patients experiencing acute health issues with the systematic needs of a variety of medical professionals requires spatial environments that must nurture the human spirit. Environmental influences can create both efficient and effective healing mechanisms that not only treat the patient, but restore the body's ability to heal. In this studio, students will utilize spatial constructs that establish code-compliance, critical adjacencies, workflow circulation, and formulate health care facilities that employ evidence-based design principles.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: approximately $50 for field trip and supplies.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA 1101 and DEA 1150 with minimum grades of B-, or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Extend design responsibility to a variety of end user in health care settings (apply multi-disciplinary perspectives).
- Complete a programmatic analysis and research assessment of specific health care delivery systems and environments (innovate in research, design or practice).
- Design a health care environment which promotes the patient's ability to heal and the medical staff's ability to be productive (think critically, write, speak and use visual communications effectively).
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRM Van Rensselaer Hall 4231
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: DEA 1101 and DEA 1150 with B- or higher, or permission of instructor. Cost of materials: approximately $50 field trip fee, supplies.
Or send this URL: