- Schedule of Classes - June 17, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 17, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course addresses the history and theory of environmental design with an emphasis on the role of design in cultural and technological change. Readings, lectures, discussion, and analytical exercises isolate key projects, methods, and ideas across time periods from classical to 20th Century, encouraging a speculative approach to historical material.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: DEA undergraduate majors.
Distribution Category (HA-HE)
- Develop an understanding of key projects, methods, movements, and periods in architecture, interior design and furniture, object design, and art, and the relation of these to their cultural and technological contexts.
- Develop a speculative and expansive approach to historical material.
- Explore the use of both writing and design in formulating and presenting a thesis or position.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: