- Schedule of Classes - June 17, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 17, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Much of the worlds' population lives and works in small spaces. This studio explores behaviors and ways in which design responds to micro environments. Inquiry will experiment with issues of commodity, firmness and delight through the tenants of reduction and scale. In reducing one's carbon footprint, how small is too small? Prototypes range from tents and pods to nomadic structures.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Course fee: approximately $50 for supplies.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: DEA undergraduate majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA 1101 and DEA 1150 with minimum grades of B-, or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Collect, analyze and report complex information and its significance in a clear and concise manner (write, speak, and use visual communication effectively).
- Apply creative problem-solving techniques to develop innovative solutions to wicked design problems (critical thinking; innovative research, design or practice).
- Effectively work in dynamic team situations (work effectively with others).
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWM Van Rensselaer Hall 4301
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: