- Schedule of Classes - November 30, 2021 7:41PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 30, 2021 7:27PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
We often observe, define and interact with the human body as a collection of discreet and varied selves: biological, kinesthetic, phenomenological, or physiological. This studio will focus on the constellation of ontologies that form our understanding of ourselves, and the corresponding impact these have on our perception, habitation, and construction of space. At the core of our work will be the question of whether engaging the body as a manifold of ontologies allow designers to better understand and construct our built environment. If so, then how might we build processes and methods that include a diverse set of human and nonhuman selves.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Cost of materials: approximately $100.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: DEA undergraduate majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA 1101 and DEA 1150 with minimum grades of B-, or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Collect, analyze and report complex information and its significance in a clear and concise manner (write, speak, and use visual communication effectively).
- Apply creative problem-solving techniques to develop innovative solutions to wicked design problems (critical thinking; innovative research, design or practice).
- Effectively work in dynamic team situations (work effectively with others).
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW M Van Rensselaer Hall 4301
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: