- Schedule of Classes - November 29, 2021 7:42PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 29, 2021 7:27PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course is designed for students who want to learn the basic principles of visual communication and how to apply them in concert with design methodologies in order to solve communication and design problems. Visual communication can clarify, distill and translate complex designs, data and ideas. The class introduces principles of graphic design and visual communications using a range of representation techniques. It explores ways to communicate ideas digitally through text, image and video. The focus will be on the applications in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and AfterEffects.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment priority given to: DEA majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: DEA 1150 or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (LAD-HE)
- Read, understand and communicate in the language of graphic design.
- Use design technology such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- To develop systems of creative thinking that will aid in solving visual problems.
- Create a portfolio with excellent craftsmanship and clear communication.
- Ability to identify/create opportunity for professional practice.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- F M Van Rensselaer Hall 4221
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Priority given to DEA majors.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: