- Schedule of Classes - June 13, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 13, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This fall semester seminar introduces students to the world of professional communication. Students meet communication alumni working in media, technology, public relations, brand management, marketing, and civil services. Students learn about alumnis' roles in the changing professional communication landscape. Students create a resume and learn interview skills, in addition to preparing an ePortfolio. In preparation for a required trip to visit companies in California, the course will cover relevant background information about each company and will include Skype meetings with other communication and media firms.
When Offered Fall (weeks 8-14).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Communication majors.
Comments No travel component for Fall 2020.Outcomes
- Identify the roles of each firm in the communication industry, its challenges, and key drivers for the future.
- Discuss professional opportunities with working alumni through a variety of networking channels.
- Evaluate yourself navigating a career within communication industries.
- Construct and present an ePortfolio which demonstrates key communicative skills.
- Evaluate how communication industries can contribute to sustainable development goals.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TRTo Be Assigned
- Oct 20 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Fall graduating seniors are not eligible to enroll.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, guidance for whether the class is allowed travel to California has not yet been issued. If travel is permitted, students are required to enroll in COMM 4952 during Winter to be part of a trip to California.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: