- Schedule of Classes - June 16, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 16, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course brings together students, faculty, and invited guests to discuss the art of leadership and the opportunities and challenges women in leadership roles have encountered in their careers and how they have managed them. The sessions will be held in North Campus faculty residences and will feature prominent women from different professions and walks of life. Potential speakers include politicians; artists; writers; scientists; women in spiritual life; and business owners and entrepreneurs. Speakers will share their stories with students in an informal way, opening up faculty-facilitated discussions about gender, leadership, accomplishment, work-life balance, and mentorship. These talks may be interspersed with or supplemented by reading and discussion of recent writing on women and leadership.
When Offered Fall.
Comments This is a Learning Where you Live course. Does not count for Comm major or minor.Outcomes
- Interact with faculty and invited guests on a weekly basis in the North Campus residence halls.
- Analyze challenges and opportunities for women in leadership by learning about the varied lives and careers of women leaders.
- Gain insight into potential career paths and different ways women have constructed successful careers.
- Engage in informal discussions with faculty and invited guests about gender, career enhancement strategies, and work-life balance.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- WMews Residence Hall 101
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
This is a Learning Where You Live course.
Or send this URL: