- Schedule of Classes - June 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course provides a broad overview of design applied various disciplines, scales, and problem contexts, and how design can offer an alternative, and often more human-centered perspective towards solving the problems around us. With a focus on designing with a human-centered mindset in this age of technology, we will examine topics on the role of design in wearable computing, virtual and tangible interfaces, robotics to biology. We will also apply the lens of design to issues on sustainability, healthy environments, diversity and inclusion, and designing for social good. Each week, through case studies and familiar examples, DEA 1110 explores how designing is part of every discipline.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Fees Lab fee: $15.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Comprehend disciplines and fields: Develop an understanding of design applied across a wide range of disciplines to make a difference; learn to appreciate design at different scales and applied across problem contexts.
- Apply multi-disciplinary perspectives: Identify and examine the relationship between design, technology, and other disciplines and proactively apply interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary perspectives to problem-solving.
- Write, speak, and use visual communications effectively: Demonstrate the ability to develop and communicate one's creative ideas effectively through writing, visuals, and tangible prototypes.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: DEA 1110
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWFTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Lab fee: $15 (charged to bursar bill).
Or send this URL: