- Schedule of Classes - June 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
This course serves as an introduction to the art of model building, especially related to public sector planning and management issues. The course also introduces the quantitative approach for identifying, evaluating and estimating the physical, economic, environmental, and social impacts of alternative decisions planners and managers are asked to make.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: CIPA students who did not pass the English Language Assessment offered by CIPA during orientation are required to take PADM 5051, PADM 5053, or PADM 5055. CIPA students may also co-enroll in these courses while enrolled in this course.
Comments This course is reading and writing-intensive.Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate proficiency with quantitative modeling techniques, including simulation, optimization, and linear/dynamic programming.
- Students will identify, evaluate, and estimate the physical, economic, environmental, and social aspects of alternative decisions planners and managers are asked to make.
- Students will integrate concepts learned in class through a team project.
Or send this URL: