- Schedule of Classes - November 29, 2021 7:42PM EST
- Course Catalog - November 29, 2021 7:27PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Covers principles of virology that will give a broad understanding of how viruses infect and cause disease. Topics include the classification of viruses, virus entry, genome replication and assembly, and virus pathogenesis. Particular emphasis is placed on virus-host cell interactions and common features between different viral families. Recommended for those planning to attend medical school, graduate school or Veterinary college, or just interested in what viruses are and how they cause disease.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOMI 2900 or permission of instructor. Recommended prerequisite: BIOMG 3300-BIOMG 3320, BIOMG 4320.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS, BIO-AS)
- Explain, evaluate and effectively interpret factual claims, theories and assumptions in the student's discipline(s).
- Find, access, critically evaluate, and ethically use information.
- Integrate quantitative and qualitative information to reach defensible and creative conclusions.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: BIOMI 4090
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Vet Research Tower T1003-LH3
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Or send this URL: