- Schedule of Classes - June 12, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 12, 2021 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Core course of concepts, methods, and current literature that reveals the multidisciplinary nature of environmental microbiology and its relationship to prokaryotic biology. Discusses the crucial roles that microorganisms play in catalyzing biogeochemical reactions throughout the biosphere (in water, soil, sediment and other habitats).
When Offered Fall (weeks 5-9).Outcomes
- Understand the importance, distribution, function and activities of microorganisms in natural and man-made ecosystems.
- Discuss the microbial diversity and ecology as a basis for understanding the roles of microorganisms in biosphere maintenance.
- Critically evaluate the validity of methods and data interpretation in environmental microbiology upon which claims for scientific significance are based.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRTo Be Assigned
- Sep 30 - Nov 2, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment open for Microbiology graduate students and students in a related field. No undergraduate enrollment allowed.
Or send this URL: