- Schedule of Classes - September 18, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 18, 2021 7:29PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
This course will combine weekly didactic lectures with student presentations and critical analysis of key literature on topical issues in genetics, genomics, and development.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: first-year PhD students in field of Genetics, Genomics and Development.
- Acquire fundamental knowledge, both conceptual and methodological, in critical areas of genetics, genomics and development.
- Read critically and evaluate in depth the strengths and weaknesses of a research article Identify, access, and critically evaluate scientific literature relevant to a specific concept or problem.
- Design and deliver an effective oral presentation of a scientific study with accuracy, clarity and critical insights.
- Develop a series of logical and testable hypotheses addressing a critical and unanswered question falling within the subject area.
- Design rigorous, controlled experiments to test a specific hypothesis Identify potential pitfalls and alternative ways to circumvent them.
- Articulate the significance and predicted outcomes of a research project on the short and long term.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRWeill Hall 224
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Enrollment limited to: first year graduate students in the field of Genetics & Development.
Or send this URL: