- Schedule of Classes - January 23, 2022 7:28PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 23, 2022 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Critical evaluation and discussion of theory and research in ecology and evolutionary biology. Lectures by faculty and student-led discussions of topics in areas of current importance.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students or permission of instructor.
- Become familiar with major research questions in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.
- Discuss these questions with peers.
- Develop a research project, including scientific justification, background, hypotheses, methods, and broader impacts.
- Provide commentary and suggestions on proposals written by their peers.
- Expand their fellowship proposal into a full research proposal including scientific justification, background, prior information, hypotheses, methods, and broader impacts.
- Create personal reference list of papers and bibliographies.
- Become familiar with grant writing, choosing a thesis topic, navigating graduate school and advisors, giving talks, mental health resources and scientific resources on campus.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Corson-Mudd A409
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Permission of instructor is required for undergraduate students.
Or send this URL: