- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Provides students with the opportunity to study birds intensively in a neotropical environment. Students learn observational and field techniques, formulate and participate in group research projects.
When Offered Multi-semester course: (Fall).
Permission Note Primarily for: students with limited or no bird knowledge.
Course Attribute (CU-ITL)
Comments Multi-semester course, students must complete BIOEE 2640, BIOEE 2641, and BIOEE 2642 for a final grade.Outcomes
- Find, read, and interpret literature relevant for the course.
- Understand and explain what observed bird behavior means (foraging, aggressive, territorial, reproductive,...) and place it in the relevant ecological context.
- Ask critical questions about scientific papers, discuss them and summarize main findings.
- Observe animal behavior in the field and record observations (find and identify observed birds, place them in the proper taxonomic group; describe observations supported with field sketches).
- Design field observations and experiments required to test hypotheses and carry out the necessary field work.
- Analyze and interpret the observations in collaboration with peers, explain and defend interpretations and conclusions.
- Extract information to formulate research hypotheses and develop an observation protocol to carry out the fieldwork in order to collect critical data (observations, experiments) to test hypotheses.
- Write up results in the format of a scientific publication.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
0.5 Credits Multi-Term(Multi-Term Course: Not Graded)
Class Number & Section Details
- F Corson-Mudd A409
- Oct 20 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Students must enroll in BIOEE 2640, BIOEE 2641, and BIOEE 2642 to receive a final grade. Enrollment primarily for students with limited or no bird knowledge.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.