- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Animal welfare issues are discussed, mainly for farm animals, but companion animals are also considered. Both animal specific and general areas of animal welfare are discussed.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOAP 1100 or equivalent.
- Students will be able to stand up in public and describe the pros and cons of animal systems in rational scientific fashion.
- Students will be able to decide what standards a food company purchasing animal agricultural inputs might apply to their purchasing. (Is McDonald's justified in purchasing cage free eggs?)
- Students will be able to determine what is an animal welfare issue based on scientific grounds.
Disabled for this roster.