- Schedule of Classes - June 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Animal welfare issues are discussed, mainly for farm animals, but companion animals are also considered. Both animal specific and general areas of animal welfare are discussed.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIOAP 1100 or equivalent.
- Ability to stand up in public and describe the pros and cons of animal systems in rational scientific fashion.
- Ability to decide what standards a food company purchasing animal agricultural inputs might apply to their purchasing. (Is McDonald's justified in purchasing cage free eggs?)
- Ability to determine what is an animal welfare issue based on scientific grounds.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- WTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Or send this URL: