- Schedule of Classes - June 14, 2021 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - June 14, 2021 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021. Courses of Study 2021-2022 is scheduled to publish by July 1.
Agricultural Sciences students are highly-diverse. This first semester course provides new freshmen and transfer students with robust opportunities to receive individualized support for self-assessment and discovery in their personal, academic, professional, and career-related interests as well as develop peer relationships as a cohort. Additionally, students engage with field faculty, current students, and alumni through group events. Outcomes include strengthened communication and networking skills, heightened awareness of diverse agricultural career pathways, and individual short and long-term personal, academic, and career-related goals with outlined action steps.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: first-semester freshmen or transfer students in the Agricultural Sciences major; or permission of instructor.
- Plan a tentative course progression in the Agricultural Sciences major that identifies one of the major's five concentrations; incorporating course and CALS requirements (one year for freshmen, full program for transfers) and a list of electives of interest.
- Define academic and professional skills for successful degree completion, job acquisition.
- Demonstrate confidence in communicating with fellow Agricultural Sciences colleagues, whether students or faculty through participation in group activities, events, and networking opportunities throughout the semester.
- Articulate knowledge of career opportunities across agricultural fields.
- Create a personal toolbox, incorporating self-assessments with individual goals and action steps for academic, extracurricular, and career planning.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- MTo Be Assigned
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: Planned for In Person
Enrollment limited to first semester freshman or transfer. Agricultural Sciences students or permission of instructor.
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: