- Schedule of Classes - February 7, 2022 7:27PM EST
- Course Catalog - February 7, 2022 7:14PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2021-2022.
Strategic management of businesses. Quantitative market analysis; costs, production processes, and firm organization; principle agent problems, market structure, pricing strategies.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2600 or ECON 3030 or equivalent.
- Demand: Students will have an in depth understanding of markets and the importance of elasticities (price, income, advertising)and be able to utilize this knowledge for proper managerial decisions.
- Estimation: Students will be able to formulate and estimate simple statistical relations and interpret the output to improve managerial decisions.
- Input Usage: Students will be able to articulate the different aspects of hiring inputs in the short run and the long run.
- Principal Agent Issues: Students will be able to discuss the importance of tying pay to performance, but also the issues that arise from variable compensation schemes.
- Pricing Strategies: Students will be able to describe and implement various pricing strategies, including optimal markups, optimal price, types of price discrimination, and transfer pricing, to name a few.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Warren Hall 113
- Aug 26 - Dec 7, 2021
Instruction Mode: In Person
Prerequisite: AEM 2600 or ECON 3030; or equivalent.
Disabled for this roster.