- Schedule of Classes - September 24, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 24, 2020 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Gain hands-on experience with tree establishment, nutrition, plant health care, diagnosing tree disorders, pruning techniques, tree worker safety and urban forestry.
When Offered Fall (offered in even-numbered years only).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: PLHRT 4910.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant morphology, anatomy, physiology, and growth and how those play roles in tree selection and care.
- Inspect trees for condition, make risk assessment, and recommend actions.
- Describe the nutritional requirements of plants, soil water relationships in plants, and soil management.
- Describe the techniques and materials used in proper tree climbing and management, including pruning, and support systems.
- Gain knowledge to pass the ISA-certified arborist examination.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- WPlant Science Building 114
- Sep 2 - Oct 20, 2020
Instruction Mode: In Person
Recommended prerequisite: PLHRT 4910. No remote access for this course, as the department has deemed it impossible for students to satisfactorily meet learning goals if enrolled remotely.
Enrollment limited to students who are able to attend in-person classes in the Ithaca area.
Or send this URL: