- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Introduction to biofortification of crop plants for enhancing their nutritional quality and health-promoting properties. The course discusses strategies and breeding methods to modify the contents of micronutrients, vitamins, and phytochemicals,and prebiotics as well as the qualities of proteins and lipids with regard to improving food crops for human nutrition and health.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one majors-level biology course or permission of instructors.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Describe the needs for crop bio-fortification and quality trait improvement.
- Explain the scientific bases behind the approaches used for nutritional quality improvement.
- Articulate the current status of development and commercialization of improved crops.
- Demonstrate the ability to make presentations.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWOnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite: one majors-level biology course or permission of instructors.
Disabled for this roster.