- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Field trips to plant breeding programs involve discussion of breeding methods used, overall goals, selection and screening techniques, and variety and germplasm release. Additional labs include selection techniques for various traits, intellectual property issues, genetically modified crops, and international agriculture. For a term project, each student designs a comprehensive breeding program on a chosen crop.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or corequisite: PLBRG 4030 or equivalent.
- They will be able to convey to professional and lay audiences, orally and in writing, information about the organization and scope of a plant breeding program.
- They will know the basic skills for how to design a breeding program to improve both quantitative and qualitative traits in plant.
- They will be able to describe the impact that plant breeding has on community, and global health and well-being.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TROnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Prerequisite or co-requisite: PLBRG 4030 or equivalent.
Disabled for this roster.