- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This capstone course provides guidance, conceptual tools, feedback and a dedicated space in the schedule for students to design, complete and communicate a capstone project on a topic of their choosing that allows them to demonstrate their mastery of the learning outcomes for the Global and Public Health Sciences major or Global Health minor.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: senior or junior Global and Public Health Sciences major, or Global Health minor students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: completion of all requirements for Global and Public Health Sciences major, or Global Health minor, or permission of instructor.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-ITL)
- Conduct an analysis of a global or public health issue that integrates multidisciplinary knowledge, contextual considerations, global or public health frameworks, current literature, community perspectives, normative considerations, an evaluation of alternatives for addressing the issue and critical reflection on your observational standpoint.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate your analysis to a defined audience and recommend and defend your preferred alternative for addressing the issue.
- Demonstrate the capacity to appreciate and collaborate across differences, including cultural, social, personal, economic, values, religious and racial/ethnic differences.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TROnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
This course is normally taught in 4 sections, but for FA20 it will be taught in one. It will include teaching in-person, but also via ZOOM sessions (remotely). Enrollment is limited to juniors or seniors with completion of all requirements for the Global and Public Health Sciences major or Global Health minor, or permission of instructor. If you are not able to enroll, please contact Mia Haller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Department Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.