- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Weill Cornell Medicine faculty from several clinical departments including the department of medicine, department of surgery, department of anesthesiology, department of pediatrics, department of psychiatry, department of radiation oncology, department of public health, and department of emergency medicine, share their experiences in global health and international work. These global health experts will present their experiences abroad in a seminar style course.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate, senior, junior, or sophomore students.
Course Attribute (CU-ITL)
- As examples of discrete or acute interventions into Global Health, students will be able to describe the scope of global surgery and anesthesia, and the emergency response to domestic and international humanitarian disasters such as the Ebola and Zika outbreaks, the Haitian earthquake, and the Syrian refugee crisis.
- Students will develop a basic understanding of worldwide biosocial factors that impact health, such as poverty and economics, gender violence, and access to natural resources. Students will be able to describe the sustainable nature of existing initiatives both domestic and abroad such as Physicians for Human Rights work, cervical cancer screening, long-term research collaborations with low-middle income countries, and eradication of pediatric HIV.
- Learners will be able to compare and contrast the differences between traditional medical mission style work abroad and a biosocial approach to global health.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- FOnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Enrollment limited to: graduate, senior, junior, or sophomore students. Limited enrollment for graduate students. If you are not able to enroll, please contact Terry Mingle (tpm2).
Disabled for this roster.