- Schedule of Classes - December 4, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - December 4, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This seminar will cover topics in intimacy relationships, especially liking, loving, and interpersonal attraction. Some topics will be: What is love? What leads people to be attracted to (or repelled by) one another? What makes relationships succeed or fail? How does one even know if a relationship is succeeding or failing? How does one repair damaged relationships? When is it time to leave? How does love vary across cultures?
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: introductory psychology.
- Compare and contrast alternative approaches to, and theories of, liking, loving, and interpersonal attraction.
- To communicate major theories and models of intimate relationships and of liking, loving, and interpersonal attraction in the context of such relationships.
- Apply what one has learned about love and intimate relationships to one's work and home life.
- Critique research in the field of intimate relationships.
- Evaluate how the nature of, and levels of love and attraction change over the life course.
Or send this URL: