- Schedule of Classes - September 29, 2020 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 29, 2020 7:14PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
In this seminar course we will discuss the historical context of bias and exclusion in science, read from and discuss the primary literature to understand the science of bias and why it is present and how it has continued to persist across the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields, and identify actionable items to address and overcome these issues.
When Offered Fall.Outcomes
- Participants will be able to contextualize the history of racism, exclusion, and bias in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and apply that fuller understanding to help them recognize how it continues to persist today.
- Participants will be able to assess primary scientific literature and present these findings to the class.
- Participants will identify actions we can each implement as individuals, as well as steps institutions can take, to decrease bias and promote equity and inclusion.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- WOnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Or send this URL: