- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
The course is required for all Development Sociology majors and will be limited to DSOC majors and minors who will take the course in the second semester of their junior year or sometime during their senior year. The objective of this course is to synthesize and recapitulate the development sociology major for majors or minors. This objective is implemented by reading and discussing thematic content areas of the major including state, economy and society; population and development; the food system and society; and environment and society. The course requires a term paper (senior honors theses can substitute for these) and in-class presentations of student work.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: DSOC majors with preference given to juniors and seniors.
Distribution Category (KCM-AG, SBA-AG)
Course Attribute (CU-CEL, CU-SBY)
- Critically analyze social practices, structure, and inequalities.
- Formulate, conduct, and communicate independent social research.
- Link sociological theory and research to practical social action.
- Apply the primary concepts of relationship building such as engagement, strengths assessment, empowerment, networking, and resource development.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- WOnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Or send this URL: