- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Introduces students to the Communication and Information Technologies focus area of the communication department and the Human Systems track for information science. It examines several approaches to understanding technology and its role in human behavior and society. Topics include psychological aspects of computer-mediated communication; how design plays a role in the way we interface with technology and collaborate with each other; and the ways in which communication technology is situated inside social and institutional structures and cultural formations.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
- Students will be able to evaluate (both existing and hypothetical) communication technologies using principles of user-centered design.
- Students will be able to anticipate consequences of communication technology (both existing and hypothetical) on individual behavior and personal well-being.
- Students will be able to anticipate consequences of communication technology (both existing and hypothetical) on collective behavior and effectiveness.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: INFO 2450
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Opt NoAud(Letter or S/U grades (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TR Online Meeting
- Sep 2 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
UPDATE: The waitlist has filled up and it's very unlikely you will be added to the class. (To be added to the waitlist, please contact BOTH Professors Margolin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Matias (email@example.com).)
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Disabled for this roster.