- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Research proposals are a core part of many different educational and professional activities. Theses, fellowship applications, and contract research usually require research proposals. The purpose of this class is to help students understand and apply the way in which research proposals are conceptualized and constructed. Students in this class will develop the skills needed to identify and formulate a plan of research for a specific research question. As part of the proposal writing process, students will learn to how draw on existing theory and research to focus their work and they will also learn how plans for data collection and analysis are included in proposals. The main outputs from the class are a completed draft of a research proposal and presentation that summarizes the proposal.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students.
- Students who engage with course materials and complete assigned activities will be able to: Identify topic of research that has both practical and theoretical significance
- Explain how a given research topic is situated within and may be refined by existing research/theory.
- Formulate a research question that will advance the current state of knowledge for a given topic.
- Develop a research plan that specifies research design, data collection, and analyses.
- Produce and present a coherently expressed research proposal that provides a well detailed plan of research and compelling case for a given research topic.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- WOnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Oct 20, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Disabled for this roster.