- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
The Business Management Simulation (BMS) is a course in which each student works as part of a team to manage a simulated manufacturing company. Each team is responsible for making yearly decisions in four broad areas: sales, marketing, operations, and finance. Depending on class size, there will be one or two different industries, each operating in its own competitive space, and there will be four or five companies in each industry. Your competition, therefore, is limited to the other three or four teams in your industry. You will all start in the same position, competing with one another to gain market share, generate revenue, and increase profitability. Performance is measured by the relative success of each firm in creating shareholder value by paying dividends and increasing share price.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: Dyson students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2225, AEM 2240, or equivalent.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will not receive credit for both AEM 4660 and AEM 4665.
- Students will be able to develop and implement a successful long-term business strategy.
- Students will be able to examine market dynamics and industry evolution.
- Students will be able to collaborate effectively across functions.
- Students will be able to allocate resources to meet strategic and operational goals.
- Students will be able to develop effective team processes.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWOnline Meeting
- Oct 21 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Enrollment preference given to Dyson students. Non-Dyson students should place themselves on the waitlist during the pre-enrollment period.
Disabled for this roster.