- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
Part of the Grand Challenges program, the Pre-Project Immersion prepares students to work with a team during their senior year to solve a societal problem. The Immersion is an intensive learning experience with reinforcements throughout the semester. Students will build skills in working as part of a team, presenting to a client, reflecting on their experience, and demonstrating cultural humility.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Dyson students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: AEM 2000 or AEM 2555 or AEM 2805 or AEM 2810 or permission of instructor.
- Work collaboratively with a team to practice managing a project.
- Use design thinking strategies to understand a problem and navigate uncertainty and complexity.
- Practice consulting skills, such as listening and engaging with community partners.
- Develop a communication strategy and demonstrate clear writing and effective presentation skills.
- Reflect on your views and experiences to improve self-awareness.
- Identify personal biases and understand how reframing and cultural humility may improve team and community outcomes.
Seven Week - First.
Credits and Grading Basis
1.5 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MWOnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Oct 20, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Enrollment limited to: Dyson students only.
Disabled for this roster.