- Schedule of Classes - March 3, 2021 7:15PM EST
- Course Catalog - March 3, 2021 7:16PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2020-2021.
This course, while Excel based, will emphasize applied decision making in the business world. This introductory course is not simply a "how to use Excel" course, rather it covers the theory behind decision making and applying analytic tools like Excel to various business scenarios. Understanding the value of such skills, this course will introduce students to methods used to navigate tools and applications, or typical business scenarios where such capabilities can be leveraged in business.
When Offered Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
Forbidden Overlaps Forbidden Overlap: due to an overlap in content, students will receive credit for only one course in the following group: AEM 2011, HADM 4770, HADM 6770.Outcomes
- Understand business applications of spreadsheet modeling analysis and decision making.
- Efficiently organize and retrieve data and datasets.
- Apply logic when making business decisions.
- Solve real world business problems using statistical analysis tools.
- Apply Excel tools and skills for problem solving and decision making using business scenarios.
- Leverage data tables to run scenarios and conduct what-if analysis.
- Design and utilize effective and efficient data display with charts and tables.
- Apply financial impact analysis using loan and investment scenarios.
- Expand into more complex decision making using multivariable scenarios.
- Become skilled consumers of business data, information and knowledge and leaders in the production of data driven decisions.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TROnline Meeting
- Sep 2 - Dec 16, 2020
Instruction Mode: Online
Enrollment not open to Dyson students.
Disabled for this roster.