- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course will give students the opportunity to apply the statistical knowledge gained in their courses to "real-life" problems. Students will be integrated in the Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU) and be exposed to various areas in which statistical methods are applied. Students will gain experience in choosing appropriate statistical procedures and their implementations in various statistical software packages. They will also learn how to communicate effectively to understand the client's problem and to explain methods and results to non-statisticians.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BTRY 3010, BTRY 3020, BTRY 3080 and BTRY 4090 or equivalent.
- Integrate the statistical knowledge gained in courses and apply them to "real-life" problems.
- Learn to communicate effectively with clients to gather the information needed to make the link between the research questions to be addressed and the statistical methods.
- Research the application of statistical methodologies that are useful to clients and explain them to an audience of non-statisticians.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: BTRY 4950, BTRY 7950
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- R Comstock Hall-Academic II B106
Disabled for this roster.