- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course will cover the most current digital technologies for use in science research and communication, as well as a look forward to new technologies being developed for science education, science research and outreach. Basic skills/resources will be covered to understand, design, develop, and implement products using augmented and virtual reality, 3D design and printing, video and web-based resources, and more. This course is "hands-on" and includes several small projects as well as a capstone final project. Students will have access to resources for prototyping, testing, and development of digital technology projects. Students do not need prior experience with any of these technologies to be successful in the course.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: one college-level biology course (BIOG 1140 or BIOG 1440).
- Demonstrate an understanding of current digital technologies and their use for research and communicating science to the public.
- Appropriately apply digital technologies for the development of education and outreach, agricultural practice and/or research products.
- Demonstrate the potential of digital technologies to reach underserved and underrepresented audiences, and those with disabilities through project development.
- Apply the basics of calculating the return on investment for various digital technologies and when/how to hire an outside technology provider.
- Work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment to develop new digital technology resources, as well as troubleshoot technical and intellectual issues.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TRPlant Science Building G09
Prerequisites: One college-level biology course, such as BIOG 1140 or BIOG 1440, or permission of instructor.
Disabled for this roster.