- Schedule of Classes - July 16, 2019 7:15PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 16, 2019 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course serves as an introduction to healthcare services marketing. The course is intended to give students an appreciation for the marketing discipline and how it can be used as a tool to understand and address the needs and wants of the consumer. Students will be expected to think critically about healthcare marketing, speak the marketing language and apply the tools and concepts from readings and lectures to assigned cases and classroom discussion.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: microeconomics.
- To develop and reinforce the notion that long-term organizational success can only be achieved through the dedication of organizational energy to the selection and application of appropriate marketing concepts.
- To familiarize students with the elements of the marketing mix and to enhance their problem-solving and decision-making skills in these operational areas of marketing.
- To present ways in which firms organize their marketing efforts and integrate the various elements of their marketing programs including examples from healthcare.
- To familiarize students with marketing plans, the planning process, and situational analyses, focusing primarily on industry, competitive, and consumer analyses with applications to healthcare and other industries.
- To encourage and support the continuing development of professional-level skills and sensitivities working in groups involving planning, developing, analyzing, writing, and delivering marketing material.
Or send this URL: