- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
The objective of this course is to teach students how demographic analysis is applied in public and private sectors. Through case studies and exercises students learn how demographers in non-academic settings play a key role in evidence based decision making. Examples are drawn from the work of demographers in education, public administration, transportation, health, consumer behavior, housing, and workforce analysis.
When Offered Fall.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: PAM 2100 or PAM 2101.
Distribution Category (SBA-HE)
- Able to access, assess and appropriately use demographic data from public and private sources.
- Able to translate management and policy issues into demographic research questions and provide objective evidence.
- Apply intermediate tools of demographic analysis to population data.
Regular Academic Session. Combined with: PAM 5850
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRWhite Hall 106
Enrollment limited to Undergraduates. Graduate students should enroll in the co-meeting class, PAM 5850.
Disabled for this roster.