- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Principles, theories and foundational skills of leadership are explored in the context of evidence-based dietetics practice through seminars, skill-building workshops, case-studies, role-playing scenarios and reflection on the application of leadership to practice.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: Cornell Dietetic Interns.
- Demonstrate active participation, teamwork and contributions in group settings based on the theory and best practices discussed in the course.
- Apply leadership skills to achieve desired outcomes based on leadership theory and best practices discussed in the course.
- Perform at least three leadership self-assessments based on Myers-Briggs, StrengthFinders and the University of Michigan's Reflected Best Self assessment tools and develop goals and objectives for his/her leadership in dietetics.
- Demonstrate negotiation skills based on the theory and best practices of interest-based negation.
- Critique two leaders from their supervised practice setting and assess each leaders' philosophy, preferred leadership frame and impact on their organizations based on their leadership.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
2 Credits S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
Prerequisite: Completion of ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics. Enrollment limited to Cornell Dietetic Interns. If you are not able to enroll, please contact Terry Mingle (tpm2).
Instructor Consent Required (Add)
Or send this URL: