- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Lecture course focusing on the structures and practice of professional research conducted in human nutrition and health, a field that encompasses questions ranging widely from subcellular components to population-level issues. Introduces the various approaches and methods used by researchers and addresses the topics of ethics and research controls. Describes the structure of scientific literature, preparation of research proposals, roles of scientific organizations, and funding sources. Students are required to attend and report on research seminars on campus.
When Offered Fall.
Satisfies Requirement Satisfies NS Honors Research Program requirement. Students in DNS Honors Research Program should take this course.Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to match students' interest to specific research fields.
- Understand about the DNS "honors in research" program overall.
- Attend research seminars given by scientists visiting Cornell, and by the Cornell faculty and demonstrate the ability to summarize them.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- WSavage Hall 200
Open to all students. Requirement for students in NS Honors Research Program.
Or send this URL: