- Schedule of Classes - July 21, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 21, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Cornell's Fraternity and Sorority system is in a dynamic period in its lifespan, and it will continue to undergo shifts and adjust to changes over the next few years. It is critical that leaders of these organizations have the skills necessary to lead in ways that will help chapters continue to thrive. This course is specifically designed to meet the needs of existing and incoming leaders in Cornell's Fraternity and Sorority system. You will look critically at your own leadership skills and conclude the course with an action plan that will prepare you for January's recruitment and new member period. In this unique one-credit course, you will build your leadership skills while building connections and relationships with officers in other chapters.
When Offered Fall, Spring (weeks 8-14).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: aspiring officers in fraternities and sororities. To enroll, contact Marcus Brooks (mjb554).
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Know and demonstrate practices of exemplary leadership, group development, and team building.
- Be able to articulate how leadership impacts organizational culture, change, power and belonging.
- Cultivate an awareness of your leadership strengths, and take steps toward opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Create a plan for positive chapter leadership and collaboration, based on your chapter's mission.
- Experience a sense of community and support from other members that you may come to personally value.
Seven Week - Second.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit S/U NoAud(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- MMorrill Hall 111
- Oct 21 - Dec 10, 2019
Course is intended for current and aspiring officers in fraternities and sororities. To enroll, contact Marcus Brooks (mjb554).
Or send this URL: