- Schedule of Classes - May 18, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 18, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019. Courses of Study 2019-2020 is scheduled to publish mid-June.
A holistic approach to the study of apparel design with the emphasis on integrating 1) Knowledge of human performance, environmental challenges and the functional demands for apparel products, 2) prototype design, and 3) scientific design evaluation using the latest technologies.
When Offered Fall.
Fees Minimum cost for textbook and prototype design construction: $150.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 20 students. Priority given to: FSAD majors and transfer students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1140.
- Understand the needs and functions of the human body that interact with clothing in environmental challenges.
- Apply the analytical approach to identifying consumers' needs for the protection, mobility, and thermal comfort of clothing systems.
- Understand the dynamics of heat, moisture transfer, and physical properties of textiles and clothing systems based on sweating thermal manikin technologies.
- Apply a scientific approach toward prototype design development and evaluation using the latest human performance simulation technologies.
Or send this URL: