- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Designed for students in all FSAD options. Explores the relationship between materials and design with a concentration on the use of innovative textile materials in apparel. Both aesthetic and functional issues are addressed. The course consists of a combination of lectures, discussion of readings, oral reports, a research paper, and project work. The class engages elders from the local community to solve real-life problems using design thinking methodologies.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: seniors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: FSAD 1360 and FSAD 2370.
Course Attribute (CU-CEL)
- Understand technical specifications for fibrous materials.
- Select appropriate materials for specific performance requirements.
- Perform calculations regarding fiber and fabric properties and predict the properties of these materials under specific conditions.
- Learn to present project information graphically in a poster format as well as orally.
- Perform reverse engineering studies on fibrous materials and propose technical and design solutions to performance issues.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits GradeNoAud(Letter grades only (no audit))
Class Number & Section Details
- TRKennedy Hall 103
This course is limited to Seniors.
Disabled for this roster.