- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Introduction to the visual arts and design that explores aesthetic and cross-cultural dimensions of visual experience. Augmented by slide presentations, artifacts, video, and an Internet-based electronic textbook, lectures emphasize the varieties of visual expression seen in works of art and design. Discusses social, cultural, and historic interpretations of visual expression.
When Offered Fall.
- Enhance their ability to think visually, and communicate ideas in visual ways.
- Become familiar with the components of design and fine arts, and be able to use design language to discuss and evaluate designed objects.
- Understand major developments in fine arts, decorative arts, and design as they have occurred since the beginnings of modern design in the later 19th century.
- Become familiar with the most important media of fine arts and design, and understand the limitations and opportunities offered to the designer by various materials and techniques.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- TR M Van Rensselaer Hall G71
Disabled for this roster.