- Schedule of Classes - July 23, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 23, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Students will produce, monitor, and evaluate diverse wine styles from several grape varieties using different vinification techniques. The laboratory includes introductory lectures, grape handling and vinification using various equipment and production methods, and emphasizes good production practices including sanitation.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment preference given to: Viticulture and Enology majors.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite or corequisite: FDSC 4500/VIEN 4500.
- Recognize various red, white, and dessert winemaking and wine style differences.
- Be familiar and recognize microbiological and chemical spoilage faults and their causes and control.
- Apply a variety of chemical and microbiological analyses to monitor and control the winemaking process.
- Understand the technological options for grape and wine processing.
- Understand the importance of sanitation in the winemaking environment.
- Appreciate the administrative and regulatory challenges related to winemaking.
- Be aware of the impact of winemaking methods on water, energy, and waste streams.
Or send this URL: