- Schedule of Classes - May 21, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 21, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019. Courses of Study 2019-2020 is scheduled to publish mid-June.
EDUC 4050 builds off of the broad nature of EDUC 2410. This course incorporates extensive field work in teaching, lesson planning, and evaluation based upon current theories in instruction at the collegiate level. The course is intended to integrate theory and practice associated with learning and teaching in college classroom settings and includes a minimum of 40 hours of supervised fieldwork in specific college classes.
When Offered Fall, Spring.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: EDUC 2410 or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (KCM-AG, SBA-AG)
- Becoming a professional teacher who is developing the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of reflective practice, collaborative action, and lifelong inquiry into teaching and learning.
- Developing a personal philosophy of and a vision for delivering technical content through education pedagogy.
- Develop understanding of how to integrate subject specific knowledge and pedagogy, nature of the discipline and nature of learning in the college classroom.
- Designing learning environments that promote engaged learning.
- Developing skills in communication, management, and a variety of instructional and assessment strategies that contribute to meaningful instruction college classes.
- Becoming competent in selecting and integrating appropriate technological tools into instruction.
Or send this URL: