- Schedule of Classes - July 16, 2019 7:15PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 16, 2019 7:16PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course provides students with an overview of the classical theoretical foundations of sociology, focusing primarily on the work of Karl Marx, Emile Durkheim, and Max Weber. Students read original texts and contemporary treatments of them to examine the key questions, concepts, methods and explanations that contributed to the formation of the discipline.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate students only.
- Evaluate competing theoretical frameworks within sociology with newly developed reflexive skills.
- Explore complex issues in the relationship of theory and history and develop analytic skills.
- Use writing skills developed through composing weekly outlines that require synthesis of key ideas in the assigned readings.
- Use oral skills developed through class presentations and discussions.
Or send this URL: