- Schedule of Classes - October 21, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - October 21, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Introduction to social science research. The course reviews the general process through which social scientists derive credible answers to important questions about social change and social influences on individual behavior. It covers all steps in the research process, from the formulation of a research question to the final presentation of findings. The course is designed as a preparation for future work in social science research, but it is also intended for students who simply want to sharpen their capacity to evaluate the claims made by researchers. The course combines theory and application. A group research project is used to apply the concepts and ideas from the textbook and lectures.
When Offered Fall.
Distribution Category (SBA-AG)
- Discern what research is and what it is not.
- Describe the research cycle and the variety of approaches in conducting research.
- Conduct a research project.
- Evaluate research done by others.
Or send this URL: