- Schedule of Classes - May 23, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 23, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019. Courses of Study 2019-2020 is scheduled to publish mid-June.
How to write about science, technology, and medicine for the media. Writing assignments focus on writing news for web sites, blogs, magazines, and other media.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 24 students. Not open to freshmen.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: college-level writing course.
- Students will be able to define science news.
- Students will be able to identify audiences for science news and target your writing to them.
- Students will be able to write basic science news stories.
- Students will be able to report and write science feature stories.
- Students will be able to explain key constraints on and opportunities for science journalism, including changes in science journalism as it adapts to a new media world.
- Students will be able to investigate current topics of concern to the science journalism community.
- Students will be able to discuss the social context in which science journalism operates.
Regular Academic Session. Choose one lecture and one laboratory. Combined with: STS 3020
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
One college-level writing course. No first-year students.
Or send this URL: