- Schedule of Classes - July 21, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - July 21, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
This course focuses on how leaders in a variety of fields use design as a social change agent. It interweaves theories of leadership and creative problem-solving through case study examinations of a wide range of design innovations in technology, communication, business, education, medicine, human development and ecology. Students learn how design affects their daily lives from the person to the planet. Additional topics include nurturing creativity, visual communications, values-led entrepreneurship, and designing across cultures.
When Offered Fall, Summer.
Fees Course fee: $15.
Permission Note Enrollment limited.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of creative design process - information gathering, idea exploration, iterative feedback loops, prototyping and testing - and an awareness of key factors affecting creativity and teamwork (innovate in research, design or practice).
- Recognize design as both a leadership and strategic business planning tool with both tangible and intangible outcomes and impacts across a variety of stakeholders (apply multi-disciplinary perspective).
- Understand the concept of whole systems designing as an integrative system of leverage points, decision-making and impact (critical thinking).
Or send this URL: