- Schedule of Classes - January 8, 2020 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 8, 2020 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Introduction to devices that add or recover work from fluids such as pumps, compressors, steam turbines and gas expanders and how they are specified and selected for services in the chemical process industries.
When Offered Fall.
Comments (Module course)Outcomes
- Understand the underlying thermodynamics of each type of equipment covered. (a)
- Understand the deviations from ideal thermodynamic behavior and the reasons for the deviations. (c)
- Awareness of the many mechanical solutions to each particular process requirement and how to best determine the best mechanical solution for the particular service. (c,e,k)
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
1 Credit Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- MWF Hollister Hall 206
- Nov 4 - Dec 9, 2019
Module meets in the final third of the semester. The deadline to drop this class without a W is 11/15/19. The absolute deadline to withdraw with a W is 12/9/19.
Disabled for this roster.