- Schedule of Classes - May 21, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - May 21, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019. Courses of Study 2019-2020 is scheduled to publish mid-June.
Core course of concepts, methods, and current literature that reveals the multidisciplinary nature of environmental microbiology and its relationship to prokaryotic biology. Discusses the crucial roles that microorganisms play in catalyzing biogeochemical reactions throughout the biosphere (in water, soil, sediment and other habitats).
When Offered Fall (four and a half-week session).Outcomes
- Understand the importance, distribution, function and activities of microorganisms in natural and man-made ecosystems.
- Discuss the microbial diversity and ecology as a basis for understanding the roles of microorganisms in biosphere maintenance.
- Critically evaluate the validity of methods and data interpretation in environmental microbiology upon which claims for scientific significance are based.
Or send this URL: