- Schedule of Classes - September 17, 2019 7:14PM EDT
- Course Catalog - September 17, 2019 7:15PM EDT
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2019-2020.
Critical evaluation and discussion of theory and research in ecology and evolutionary biology. Lectures by faculty and student-led discussions of topics in areas of current importance.
When Offered Fall.
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: graduate standing or permission of instructor.
- Students will be familiar with major research questions in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.
- Students will be able to discuss these questions with peers.
- Students will be able to develop a research project, including scientific justification, background, hypotheses, methods, and broader impacts.
- Students will be able to provide commentary and suggestions on proposals written by their peers.
- Students will be able to expand their fellowship proposal into a full research proposal including scientific justification, background, prior information, hypotheses, methods, and broader impacts.
- Students will be able to create personal reference list of papers and bibliographies.
- In addition to grant writing, students will receive instruction in choosing a thesis topic, in navigating graduate school and advisors, in giving talks, in mental health resources and scientific resources on campus.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Sat/Unsat(Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory)
Class Number & Section Details
- TRCorson-Mudd A409
Permission of instructor is required for undergraduate students.
Or send this URL: