- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Covers the basic ideas and techniques involved in computational neuroscience. Surveys diverse topics, including neural dynamics of small networks of cells, neural coding, learning in neural networks and in brain structures, memory models of the hippocampus, sensory coding, and others.
When Offered Fall (offered alternate years).
Permission Note Enrollment limited to: 50 students.
Prerequisites/Corequisites Prerequisite: BIONB 2220 or permission of instructor.
Distribution Category (PBS-AS)
- Basic understanding of current theories of brain function.
- How to construct representations from tuning curves.
- Plasticity and how it relates to memory.
- Models of human memory.
Credits and Grading Basis
4 Credits Stdnt Opt(Letter or S/U grades)
Class Number & Section Details
- MW Caldwell Hall 100
Disabled for this roster.