- Schedule of Classes - January 31, 2019 7:14PM EST
- Course Catalog - January 31, 2019 7:15PM EST
Course information provided by the Courses of Study 2018-2019.
Gain hands-on experience with tree establishment, nutrition, plant health care, diagnosing tree disorders, pruning techniques, tree worker safety and urban forestry.
When Offered Fall (offered alternate years).
Prerequisites/Corequisites Recommended prerequisite: PLHRT 4910.
Course Attribute (CU-SBY)
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant morphology, anatomy, physiology, and growth and how those play roles in tree selection and care.
- Inspect trees for condition, make risk assessment, and recommend actions.
- Describe the nutritional requirements of plants, soil water relationships in plants, and soil management.
- Describe the techniques and materials used in proper tree climbing and management, including pruning, and support systems.
- Gain knowledge to pass the ISA-certified arborist examination.
Regular Academic Session.
Credits and Grading Basis
3 Credits Graded(Letter grades only)
Class Number & Section Details
- W Plant Science Building 141
Recommended prerequisite: PLHRT 4910.
Disabled for this roster.